Gorilla Sports Sunday Scoreboard – 10 April 2016

Gorilla Logo 2

Catch up on the results from around the grounds from another Sunday afternoon’s football.


Redlands have claimed a 2-1 win over Sunshine Coast. A corner by Graham Fyfe headed home by Adam Chandler opened the scoring on 42 minutes. Matt Lyell equalised with just over ten minutes remaining to level the scores before the winner came in the 86th minute from a Michael McGowan spot kick.

Brisbane Strikers inflicted more misery on Olympic in a 4-0 win to move into the top four for the first time in 2016. The Goodwin Park based side, however, remain in 11th position with their only win in six games coming against the bottm-placed Northern Fury.


Lewis Cameron opened the scoring for Rochedale with an equaliser from Emmanuel Peter for Ipswich Knights midway through the first half. A stunning free kick (watch here) from Paul Mooney put Rochedale ahead again before half time for Rovers to take a 2-1 lead into the break. The Knights again got on level footing ten minutes after halftime via Andy Butler and that’s how the match ended with both teams collecting a point in a 2-2 draw.

Josh Sherwood gave the visitors Logan Lightning the lead with Tynan Diaz continuing his goal-scoring form since coming to the club in recent weeks to equalise for Lions two minutes after. Nathan Shepherd was provider for Alex Schiavo on 58 minutes for Lions to take the lead for the first time. Tariq Hammond and Peter Gaffney scored the next two goals for the match to end with Lions coming away 4-1 winners.


Two first goals to Samara Christmas aided Sunshine Coast Fire to their first win of the season, 4-1 win over Western Pride. Madi Warren and Kirsty Clifford also on the scoresheet for the Fire while Pride’s goal came through Nikkita Hubbard.

Eight goals in the first half set up a comprehensive 9-0 win for The Gap over Peninsula.

Souths looked to have the match wrapped up as they lead 2-0 after 79 minutes to play but a goal a minute later to Olympic made for some nervous last moments. Any comeback was put to bed in the 89th minute when Souths clinched a 3-1 win.


Bayside started their clash against Grange Thistle brightly after scoring two minutes in but two goals in a five-minute period gave Thistle a 2-1 halftime lead. Bayside’s cause wasn’t helped with two red cards, the home side scoring twice in the final ten minutes to wrap up a 4-1 victory and replace Bayside in second position.


The Gap 6 v New Farm 1


Logan Metro 5 v Springfield 0